How to activate dark mode on anki 2.1.26 Mac

Hi guys,

I’m having a lot of trouble activating dark mode on Anki 2.1.26 on my Mac. My understanding is that it should be built-in with the new version but I don’t see any options coming up under tools. I have my mac set to dark mode but there is still text and lines coming up suggesting it is on light mode.

I’m also using a custom add-on for the background if this affects it.

Thanks!

not a mac user
but these might help you:

It’s a setting in the preferences screen, accessible via Anki in the top menu.

@mollyci hopefully you figured it out.

If that is not the case, here is a short video to show you how to do it.

1 Like

The last post was from 2 months ago - please don’t dredge up old topics just to promote a video you’ve made.

@dae Sorry about that. I will go through the forum rules again to make sure, I am behaving appropriate. If promoting YouTube videos is not accepted behaviour here, I will stop that. Thanks for your feedback!

PS: I actually made this video after seeing this in my email while going through my inbox. Discourse has a mailing list mode and that’s where I saw it. I did not check the date before making the video :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t think the occasional video in answer to a question that was just posted will do much harm if it covers their question, but it would be great if you could check the date in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like