How do I get the "Upload To AnkiWeb or Download To AnkiWeb" option after selecting the wrong option on PC?

I am new to Anki so I made a dumb, costly mistake. when I tried to sync Anki to my phone I got a little ahead of my self, and I hit Download To AnkiWeb on my computer, which is not correct. now I can not find out how to get the option “Upload To AnkiWeb or Donwload to AinkiWeb” on my PC. I have looked through the Anki Manual, YouTube, and google, but I could not find a solution. I have also tried uninstalling the app on both my PC and my phone.

I’m not sure if I’ve understood your problem correctly, but maybe try this:

Open Anki from your computer → Tools → preferences → Network → On next sync, force changes in one direction → do a sync → choose “upload to AnkiWeb”

2 Likes

It wont save for some reason

the change won’t

If what you want is to get back the cards you lost, you can try this:
https://docs.ankiweb.net/backups.html#automatic-backups

4 Likes

I am new to Anki so I made a dumb, costly mistake. when I tried to sync Anki to my phone I got a little ahead of my self, and I hit Download To AnkiWeb on my computer before actualy finding out what I was supposed to chose, and the choice was not correct according to the syncing videos I have seen. now I can not find out how to get the option “Upload To AnkiWeb or Donwload to AinkiWeb” back up on my PC. I have looked through the Anki Manual, YouTube, and google but I could not find a solution. I have also tried uninstalling the app on both my PC and my phone.

There is an option in the syncing preferences screen to force a one way sync. You won’t be asked if your local collection is empty. If you’re actually asking how to restore your data, please see Restoring an Automatic Backup (Recovering from Data Loss) - Frequently Asked Questions

thanks