Hi everyone, I have problem with scheduling. I want to set specific review dates for my flash cards

Hi everyone,
I have problem with scheduling. I want to set specific review dates for my flash cards. First review in 1 day (next day), second review: 3 days after the first review. Third review 7 days after the second review. Forth review 2 weeks after the third review. Fifth review will be one month after the fourth review and the sixth review will be 4 months after the fifth review.
Can anyone help me how to do that?

Thanks a lot for your help and guidance in advance

Please see Deck Options - Anki Manual

1 Like

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. To be honest, either I do not understand or Anki can not support the way I want to set different dates for reviewing my flashcards.
My question is so easy and I think it’s clear. my question is: After a flash card moves on to the review step, how can I set the following dates to review the cards:
For example, I have learned a flash card so it goes to the next step which is the Review step. Now I want to set the following dates for this flashcard and for example start from tomorrow which is 22 July 2022. The review dates are as follows:

First review: 22/06/2022
Second review: 23/06/2022
Third review: 30/06/2022
Fourth review: 14/07/2022
Fifth review: 14/08/2022
Sixth review: 14/12/2022

Your app is amazing and i like it. I would be so grateful if you could help with this schedule setting. you can just show in the study options and scheduling, for this specific setting and scheduling, what numbers I should put in the relevant fields like “Graduating interval”, “Relearning steps”, and so on.

Thank you so much in advance

either I do not understand or Anki can not support the way I want to set different dates for reviewing my flashcards

In essence you are asking to bypass the spaced-repetition algorithm, right? There’s really no practical way to do this.

How would you handle failures? If you do the fourth review on July 7, 2022 but fail it, what would you propose Anki do?

The advantage of spaced repetition is that - in the ideal scenario - the application shows you the card no more frequently than needed and shortly before you would be predicted to forget it based on past performance with the card. In so doing, you avoid wasted effort of reviewing cards too frequently.

2 Likes

Thanks again for your reply. I’m not trying to avoid spaced repetition, If you have a look at my proposed scheduled dates, it indicates spaced repetition.
On any review date, any flashcards that fail, it goes back to the first step and will get mixed with the new cards. hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Yes and no. The concept of spaced repetition includes a dynamic component, whereby the historical performance of the card is used to recompute the scheduled review intervals.

There may be a clever approach to bypassing the algorithm in the way you suggest. I don’t know of any; maybe someone else does. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, per se. It will just result in over-review in time. Personally, I’ve never seen the benefit of completely bypassing the built-in scheduling algorithm in over a decade using Anki, but everyone’s use case differs. Stay tuned, maybe someone has a different perspective for you. We certainly see questions like this come up from time to time.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks