Having trouble sharing my deck via ankiweb

Having trouble sharing my deck via ankiweb

The previous version of the deck is available here:

and my forum page here:
https://forums.ankiweb.net/t/biblical-hebrew-a-basic-introduction-to-by-jo-ann-hackett-950- cards/

I’ve tried a few times and tried renaming the deck to recreate the entry.

Error message:

Failed

An error occurred while sharing your deck. Please click back and try again, and if the problem continues, please post on our support site for assistance

The deck is only <45 MiB in size.

previous version of the deck:
ankiweb.net/shared/info/1399237186

total size of deck with media is 44.7MiB.

Please see Can't export Anki deck

If you update to a more recent Anki version, it will tell you the problem if you try to export locally.

Thanks for your reply and thanks for all your work on amazing client/sync service. Anki has helped me greatly in my studies and I’m currently trying to help my peers get started with it =D

Exporting locally seems to work fine.

I am on the latest available in my repositories - 2.1.15+dfsg-1 (Ubuntu 20.04) - which as a dev I get that packaging by distros is a pain to you

I use AnkiDroid Flashcards on Lineage via F-Droid

Glad to hear Anki has helped in your studies :slight_smile: If you’re not able to update to the latest version, you won’t be able to see the error message locally, but the solution is still the same - you need to locate the duplicate card template and remove it, or change it so it’s no longer duplicated.

I don’t know how to identify the duplicate card template - are the same logs being logged anywhere else on prior versions?

happy to try install the tarball to identify, but I felt pretty silly thinking I’d missed something on that post

I’ve also noticed ankiweb counts an unsuccessful share towards your quota of shares in a given week.

Edit:
I updated and found the problem quickly. The new update has a new look - fresh! =D

I documented it on the previous post:

Can’t export Anki deck

1 Like