[Function Request]In learning new cards, more cards can be run at the same time to produce the effect closer to the upper limit.The idea is in the text,seek experts to make it

Please allow me to give an example.
Suppose there are 50 cards for learning the pronunciation of new words. The front of the card is the word, and the back of the card is the pronunciation. One card has a time interval of 3s, and the other 49 cards have a time interval of 3min. These 50 cards is due.

Suppose the review order is: review the one card with 3s interval first, and then review the 49 cards with 3min interval.

If the default order of Anki is followed, this situation will occur: first review the first 3s card (according to intuition, this card needs to be reviewed again within 10s to produce memory exercise effect, otherwise review is almost invalid), then review the second card, review the third card… until the fiftieth card is reviewed, finally, review the first card again (the card with the original interval of 3s), However, the review time of 49 cards has passed, and it is too long for the first card (the card with the original interval of 3s). This review interval is almost destructive to the memory effect of this card.

So I hope that the above card review order can be changed as follows:

The first card (the card with an interval of 3s), review, good, the second card (the card with an interval of 3 minutes), review, good, the third card (the card with an interval of 3 minutes), review, good, the fourth card (the card with an interval of 3 minutes), review, good. After 3s,the first card is due. Then let the first card (the card with the original interval of 3s) become the next card, instead of continuing to review the fifth card (the card with the interval of 3 minutes), and then the sixth card… until 49 cards, the first card (the card with the original interval of 3s) will appear again. In this way, the computer processing capability can be used to running multiple cards at the same time in a short period of time, and better time utilization and preliminary memory efficiency than manual operation can be obtained.

I hope I can get help. This is very useful for learning a large number of new cards with little logic and content. Anki can help me learn new cards better. This may require an additional component to implement it, so that the cards in the learning stage with a high interval will not interfere with the cards in the learning state with a low interval, so as to prevent the new card from becoming the leech of this stage in the first learning stage. This should be optimized. Is there a respected boss who can write this add-on? be deeply grateful.

What is the next interval for the card with the original interval of 3s?

1 Like

My plan is 3 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and then repeat the process the next day. I feel intuitively that it is uneconomical to review new content too many times in the first study to keep memory for a short time.

Maybe it will be more effective if I stimulate the content to a certain extent on the first day, then forget the content and relearn it on the next day, but it also needs enough stimulation.

Of course, this is my intended usage. This method may not be efficient enough. However, this interval can be customized, so this function may improve the efficiency of first study. I think it is still of great value in terms of new cards with little learning content and no logic.

I don’t recommend learning new stuffs in Anki. I prefer to add cards about my learned materials.

1 Like

The cards with logic and mnemonic aids can really keep one day’s memory after learning twice, but such cards with little content and no logic always need a lot of repetition. This function helps to invest review time in the development of such cards more accurately and reasonably. Besides, this kind of card doesn’t need to be understood. Now, my choice is the same as yours. Anki is not suitable for learning new cards directly,but I need it.

My impression is that Anki already does something like this: It prioritizes learning cards such that they are shown as soon as they become due.

Does this deck correctly demonstrate your situation?

In my version, the expiration of a learn card will not cover other learn cards. I have experimented with this.

You may encounter a situation like this. There are many review cards, including one learn card. When you review the review card, the learn card just become due, so the next review card will be overwritten and the learn card will be displayed first, because the learn card is in front of the review card.

Maybe something has changed since Anki 2.1.35. I recommend testing with the latest version and seeing if there is a difference. I tested on 2.1.54 with the V2 scheduler.

1 Like

I did the following similar experiments:

First and foremost, I made 3 new cards, set 3s, 10s and 30s intervals.

And then went to the review page to quickly select option 3 for all new cards within 10s.

Then wait for all the cards to become due, then select option 1 for the first card, wait for 3s to make the first card become due, and then select the second card at random, and observe whether the third card has been overwritten as the low interval card of the first card.

If the third card is still a high interval card, it means that it has not been replaced by the first card (a low interval card with an interval of 3s). Therefore, it is considered that they do not have the function of giving priority to the review of low interval expiration cards in the learning cards.

The filter only filters 3 cards at a time, and reconstructs them immediately after review (automatic reconstruction can be performed through script).

To establish a filter according to this idea, you can use the filter to optimize this process, but this function cannot be fully realized.

My interval is 0.17 (10s), 1min, 3min, 5min. I set an empty filter to automatically rebuild through the script, which is not enough to judge whether it is better for the time being.

In the order, I used the sixth option of the filter (my version is a foreign language translation, and I can’t see the original anki term),

The following changes were temporarily observed (undetermined) in this setting:

The cards are rearranged. When the cards in the front row become due, they will be displayed first in the queue. To some extent, it reduces the probability that the low interval cards will have to wait for other cards to review in turn for a long time before the low interval cards are displayed again.

However, when more learning cards are stacked, this situation will occur for all the cards in the queue.

In fact, the function of this method, together with the mortician add-on, can temporarily replace my previous idea of arranging due cards in low interval first and then high interval.

Order added