This may be easy to do, I think Anki has the potential to do this. Is there a boss who can write this new add-on? Who can improve this function to make our learning more efficient?

Please allow me to give an example of the interference I mentioned.
Suppose there are 50 cards for learning the pronunciation of new words. The front of the card is the word, and the back of the card is the pronunciation. One card has a time interval of 3s, and the other 49 cards have a time interval of 3min. These 50 cards is due.

Suppose the review order is: review the one card with 3s interval first, and then review the 49 cards with 3min interval.

If the default order of Anki is followed, this situation will occur: first review the first 3s card (according to intuition, this card needs to be reviewed again within 10s to produce memory exercise effect, otherwise review is almost invalid), then review the second card, review the third card… until the fiftieth card is reviewed, finally, review the first card again (the card with the original interval of 3s), However, the review time of 49 cards has passed, and it is too long for the first card (the card with the original interval of 3s). This review interval is almost destructive to the memory effect of this card.

So I hope that the above card review order can be changed as follows:

The first card (the card with an interval of 3s), review, good, the second card (the card with an interval of 3 minutes), review, good, the third card (the card with an interval of 3 minutes), review, good, the fourth card (the card with an interval of 3 minutes), review, good. Oh, it’s been 3 seconds, so the first card is due. Then let the first card (the card with the original interval of 3s) become the next card, instead of continuing to review the fifth card (the card with the interval of 3 minutes), and then the sixth card… until 49 cards, the first card (the card with the original interval of 3s) will appear again. In this way, the computer processing capability can be used to operate multiple cards at the same time in a short period of time, and better time utilization and preliminary memory efficiency than manual operation can be obtained.

I hope my Anki can help me learn new cards. It is very difficult to learn some non logical cards (such as word cards). If I can use Anki to help me learn new cards better, I think it will be great to let new cards directly enter the review stage in the process of learning. This may require an add-on component so that the cards in the learning stage of Anki expiration can be reviewed in the order of increasing the interval from small to large, so that the cards in the learning stage with high interval will not interfere with the cards in the learning stage with low interval, which can prevent the review of these cards with low interval from being interfered with, thus avoiding the memory from hesitating at the initial stage. I think Anki has the potential to do so. Is there a respected boss who can write this add-on? Please help me.

Could you give an example of such cards and interference? I didn’t quite catch what kind of behavior you want to achieve.

1 Like