[Feature Request] - Show Trending Decks

Hey, first time poster, big fan of Ankiweb

The shared decks home page needs some love Shared Decks - AnkiWeb

One thing I would love to see on the front page is trending decks, what’s getting the most downloads this month etc
I think this would be really useful for those looking for inspiration.

Hi Jase,

I suspect the typical long-term Anki user isn’t frequently browsing the shared decks list for new things to add, and likely has their hands full with their existing content :slight_smile: Tweaks to AnkiWeb would primarily improve the new user experience, and while that is a worthy goal in itself, I’m afraid resources are currently tided up elsewhere.

Hi Dae

I have to disagree with that. I’ve been using Anki for almost 2 years and still visit the shared decks page. Why wouldn’t long term Anki users find new decks? At some point they will finish the ones they have or want a change of subject.

I think most long-term users are aware of the advice that you should prefer making your own cards instead of relying too much on shared decks.

I take your point about it not being only about new users, though I suspect they do account for more shared deck downloads than longer term users. In any case, nice idea for the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anecdotally the highest voted response to “how to make Anki better” thread on the Anki subreddit was introducing (new) users to higher quality decks. Which I think aligns with this goal.

I believe the comment was “They should sponsor the making of high quality decks.”, which is somewhat different.