When introducing new people to Anki, I have occasionally heard comments about the shared decks page where they would expect more, particularly a type of “miscellaneous” or “trivia” category.
Outside of Reddit and Discord, how are users supposed to come across the “100 colors”/“Name that Pokemon” decks without a misc/trivia category? Surely they would have to search for this sort of content manually.
Surely there’s would be a lot of value in improving this page since I’m guessing it has a lot of traffic from users and Anki-curious people checking out this page when exploring whether or not to invest time in to Anki. Surely the page could be more attractive with some more features.
• “Most downloaded” category (includes all uploaded decks)
• “Highest rated” category
• More language categories (i.e. italian)
• Trivia and or Miscellaneous category
• Economics or Business/Finance category
• Sort by Notes/Audio/Images (currently only sortable by modification date and rating)
• Add “shared decks” and “add-ons” links to the top of the Ankiweb page (faster navigation and probably better discovery for new users)
Please make further suggestions to