[feature request] multiple flag colours for one card

I use the coloured flags to be able to find card with specific criteria. Sadly, the old flag colour is overwritten by the new one, so I cannot have multiple. For example, I want to mark that I don’t understand the solution of the card, but it should also be marked in another colour so I can find it easily to be able to write the note on a piece of paper I am allowed to use in the exam.

So it would be great to be able to select multiple flags. Clicking the flag could bring up all the flags like it is already, but then you could click on the flags you want to add or remove them by clicking if they are added currently and confirm your choice with a button.
Also, maybe it would be a good idea to split the flag colours in the card overview to be able to see all the activated flags easily.

I could alternatively use keywords, but adding or deleting them takes more time than just clicking the flag symbole and the flags you want.

2 Likes

Instead, on Anki for desktop, add-ons Quick tagging or Clickable Tags can be used to quickly edit tags or add tags.

Thank you! Quick tagging should be helpful for that on the desktop side of things.
And on android it’s only two clicks to get to the tag overview.
Differentiating via colours would still be an enhancement, cut I think this is pretty good already.

1 Like

Sadly it seems like the clickable tag extension does not work for AnkiDroid. It displays the tag names because apparently you don’t need the extension for that (just the line {{clickable:Tags}}).
I already managed to edit the extension code to change the text colour according to the tag name so you can see which card has what statuses at first glance, but because the extension does not work on AnkiDroid, it also does not colour the text. (and I mostly use the mobile version). Is there a way to write an extension for AnkiDroid that could color the tag names displayed with the line clickable:Tags (or displayed via the code itself)?
I am completely new to extension development, so it would be great to have some sources if it is possible.

It’s not possible to write add-ons for AnkiDroid. Your only option is to write a template script. I think the AnKing decks has something like this: https://github.com/AnKing-VIP/AnKing-Note-Types/blob/master/src/components/colorfulTags.ejs

Oh, OK. Thank you for the tip to create a script in the template. The colorfulTags thing didn’t really help because at least in my understanding it is an extension as well, so it doesn’t work for ankiDroid either.
I ended up adding this lines of code to the template of the card type, so now it displays the tags as buttons - even on mobile - and give the buttons a text color depending on the tag name:

{{cloze:Text}}
<div id="tags">{{Tags}}</div>
<div id="tag_buttons"></div>
<script>
var color_schemes = {fix: "red"};
var color = "black"
for (elm of tags.textContent.split(' ')) {
	color = "black";
	button = document.createElement('button');
	for (scheme of Object.keys(color_schemes)) {
		if (elm.includes(scheme)) button.style.color = color_schemes[scheme];
	}
	button.innerText = elm
	tag_buttons.append(button)
	document.getElementById('tags').remove()
}

</script>
<style>
button {
  margin-right: 8px;
	margin-top: 11px
}
</style>
1 Like

It’s not an extension. (The AnKing notetypes customization extension is not needed here).

I didn’t really need it much lately, but I just realized that – In contrast to flags – tags are only applyable to notes and not to individual cards, so if I want to mark one card of a note as “check for correctness” or something like that, I have to mark the entire note for that and can not see which card could have the flaw, should be fixed or whatever is my state I want to mark.