Anki Forums

Extended Tag Add/Edit Dialog [Official thread]

If you have a problem with the add-on Extended Tag Add/Edit Dialog post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I will likely miss it.

How to slow down the demonstration video in Windows 10?

You can download the screencasts (gifs) by right-clicking them. Then select “save image as” from the context menu (tested in Chrome and Firefox). Then open these gifs with a program that supports to pause gif files.

On Windows I use the popular image viewer IrfanView that can also display gifs. IrfanView has “Options->Start/Stop Animation” and you can adjust the speed with [SHIFT][CTRL][+] or [SHIFT][CTRL][-]. On Linux I use mpv.

But everything of this screencast is also in the anking youtube video linked from the first line of the description.

1 Like

Thank you.

Hi ijgnd,

thank you for making this add on. I’m having a problem with the keyboard shortcuts. No matter what combination of keys I use nothing happens when I click them. I found this from the AnKing video for medical school and it seems great I just can’t really use it. I verified that all of my keys work on my laptop. Any ideas?

@RandyS: You don’t offer enough info to give a real answer. Some points:

• After changing the config of an add-on you should restart to make sure that the changed config is used. Many add-ons sometimes apply the new config without restarting but you can never be sure. So: have you restarted anki?
  • There can be interactions between add-ons. Disable all other add-ons and restart Anki, then try to use my add-on. If it works then you know it’s an add-on conflict. Then I would reenable only half your add-ons, restart and try again. If it still happens disable half of those so only a quarter is enabled, restart and try again. If it works enable half of a quarter so that 3/8 of your add-ons are active. So with a few steps you should be able to find the add-on that causes the problem.
  • Maybe you have problems with the new style two part shortcuts? Change the shortcut of my add-on to a shortcut from another add-on you have that you know works. Naturally this other add-on must be disabled. Restart Anki. Does it work now?
  • If it still doesn’t work have a look at https://anki.tenderapp.com/kb/problems/when-problems-occur . Maybe updating to a newer anki version helps.
  • if the problem persists even on 2.1.30 without other add-ons: from the main window click on Help->About. In the window that opens click the “Copy Debug Info” Button and share the copied text.

Hi, currently it is “Ctrl+6”, should I be hitting the plus button along with control and 6? I’ve made sure to restart when changing the config.

@RandyS: If you have “Ctrl+6” you don’t have to press the plus button. It’s similar to e.g. “ctrl+b” to make selected text bold.

Also: Reset the add-on config (in bottom left of the config window), and then change the shortcut to “Ctrl+6”. You might have assigned “Ctrl+6” to an old, unused key. The config keys changed about 6 weeks ago.

Truly amazing addon! realized today that sadly this addon does not work with “Speed Focus Mode (auto-alert, auto-reveal, auto-fail)” addon. But not a big deal, although it is commonly used by the medical school community.

@damronatron:

does not work with “Speed Focus Mode"

I don’t use Speed Focus Mode. I just installed it and didn’t get any error messages. But when I open my tag add window the timer continues for the reviewer window and rates there so that in effect you really shouldn’t open my tag add/edit window from the reviewer when you use Speed Focus Mode. Is that what you mean?

In the reviewer you could press “e” to go to the edit current window. This should stop “Speed Focus Mode”.Then you can use the editor shortcut of my add-on “Ctrl+t,d” by default to open the tag dialog. After closing this dialog use “Esc” to close the edit current dialog. So you need two additional shortcuts.

That’s not ideal, especially if many people have to use this workaround. But it saves me a lot of development time: I could try to adjust my add-on to glutanimate’s current version but this requires extra work whenever he updates his add-on. Also any change I make now might break other stuff about my add-on.