Error code when downloading the latest version

Hi everyone,
I am desperate, yesterday I downloaded the new version of anki (Anki for 64 bit Windows 7/8/10 (2.1.48))
Since then I can’t open anki, I tried to uninstall it, I tried another version, I tried restarting the computer but nothing …
I put the screenshots of what is happening if anyone has an answer … (“first” picture, then “second” then “details” in order)
I am not really good with my computer so I don’t think I can resolve it,
Thank you for reading me !
Madeleine
second
details

To fix it, either close mpv.exe process with the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) or just restart your PC and try to install Anki again.

3 Likes

Thank you for your help,
After ending the task I was able to get to the end of the process,
But it won’t open … it says that there is a problem of compatibility, but I don’t understand how, I’m gonna try and research if someone had the same problem,
again thank you for your time :slight_smile:

My initial guess was that you were trying to run x64 Anki version on x86 machine, but it shouldn’t be the case here since the installer didn’t warn you about it and Anki 2.1.48 was installed successfully. And I don’t know what else it could be.

Maybe run Windows Update to install any pending updates, consult with this page - Startup Issues - Anki Manual, or post a screenshot of what you see.

1 Like

thank you it didn’t work either, I found someone who might be able to help live, thank you again
If I find what was wrong I’ll post it :slight_smile:

Hi I did a little research and found out that I’m far from being the only one with this problem,
the latest version is not compatible with my computer (recent with windows 10)
hopefully there will be soon a compatible version, until then I’ll use ankiweb :slight_smile:
thank you for your time @kelciour