Diacritical marks in Urdu not working

I am using Anki (Version ⁨2.1.65 (aa9a734f)⁩, Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.0 PyQt 6.5.0) on Debian 12.
I am trying to create cards with the Noto Nastaliq Urdu font. This font is installed on my OS and works as it should, diacritical marks included. In Libre Office Writer I can, for example, select my Urdu keyboard, select the Noto Nastaliq Urdu font, type “Z” and see a diacritical mark.
When I try the same when editing a card in Anki, I just get " "َ (a little white box). However, when I study, the diacritical mark is there - so it works in principle, just not everywhere apparently. This makes it a bit hard to type cards, as I have to do this blindly and then verify whether they are correct when studying.

Is there a way to enable diacritical marks in the card editor?

You can adjust the font used for editing by clicking on the Fields… button.

Weirdly enough, diacritical marks now work in the card editor. I haven’t really changed anything apart from playing with the font size and closing and opening the app a couple of times :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.