Repeated text fields on front of card, with different fonts

I learned to read Arabic and Urdu using the standard Naskh script, then realised that I can’t read anything written in the traditional Urdu Nastaliq script.

So what I’d like to do is this: I’d like to type in an Urdu word in the front of the card, then I want Anki to display it in both the Naskh font and the Nastaliq font when I’m reviewing. I need this working on both the desktop version and Ankidroid, because Ankidroid is where I do most of my reviewing.

See attached picture for an idea. Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance.

According to wikipedia, this seem to be two different computer fonts. Then it can be done easily.
This is how the answer side of your custom note template could look like:

<div>Naskh</div>
<div style="font-family: 'noto naskh arabic', 'Scheherazade';">{{answerField}}</div>
<div>Nastaliq</div>
<div style="font-family: 'Jameel Noori Nastaleeq';">{{answerField}}</div>

The whole fonts used in wikipedia:

<div>Naskh</div>
<div style="font-family: 'noto naskh arabic', 'Scheherazade', 'Lateef', 'markazi text', 'Arial', 'times new roman', 'Droid Arabic Naskh', 'Simplified Arabic', 'Traditional Arabic', 'Amiri', 'Sakkal Majalla', 'Microsoft Uighur', 'Arabic Typesetting', 'Calibri', 'Dubai', 'noto sans arabic';">{{answerField}}</div>
<div>Nastaliq</div>
<div style="font-family: 'Jameel Noori Nastaleeq', 'Urdu Typesetting', 'Noto Nastaliq Urdu', 'Noto Nastaliq Urdu Draft', 'Hussaini Nastaleeq', 'AlQalam Taj Nastaleeq', IranNastaliq, 'Awami Nastaliq', 'Awami Nastaliq Beta3', 'Awami Nastaliq Beta2', 'Awami Nastaliq Beta1', 'Nafees Nastaleeq', 'Nafees Nastaleeq v1.01', 'Pak Nastaleeq', 'PDMS_Jauhar', 'Alvi Lahori Nastaleeq'>{{answerField}}</div>

See more info about styling in the anki manual https://docs.ankiweb.net/templates/styling.html#field-styling
When you know how to use css, give a class to each of the two <div> and format them with css.

info about fonts from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nastaliq

3 Likes