Desktop Update - New Card Limit Increase Not Working

I recently updated Anki on my Mac to the most recent version. I have never had an issue with this in the past, but now when doing a deck that has say 200 cards, I will “finish” all of them and still have 20 or so in the “learn” column. Both my “New Cards” and “Maximum Review” are at ‘9999’ and I even have the “New Cards Ignore Review Limit” on, but when I go to learn them I am met with the ‘New Card Limit has been reached for the day, but you can change this in Options’. However I cannot change in options because it is already at the max of ‘9999’. It is really annoying and I am not sure how to get it back to the way it was.

Have you compared what learning/relearning step they are on with your learn ahead limit – Preferences - Anki Manual? Cards leftover in Learn is usually controlled by that. They aren’t “New” anymore, so increasing the limits won’t help you reach them.

I have not! How can I check that?

You can find your learning/relearning steps in your Deck Options. Deck Options - Anki Manual

You can find what specific step each of those cards is on by looking at the “Interval” on their Card Info. Statistics - Anki Manual

You can find your Learn Ahead Limit in Tools > Preferences (link in my previous post).

When you find all of those, if it still doesn’t make sense, you can post them here and I’ll take a look.

Ok I want to make sure I don’t mess anything up, these are my current settings

That shows your learning steps are 10m 1d 3d.

What about your learn-ahead limit and the info on some of the specific cards?

ok here’s one from a card that acted normal first go around, and one that never got shown

For a card that wasn’t shown – to figure out why, I’d start by checking:

• Is this card suspended?
  • Is this card buried? [At the edge of the frame, it looks like it has a lot of siblings.]
  • Did you click on this 1 - GI Pharmocology subdeck to study, or a parent deck?
  • Did you post the Deck Options for this subdeck, or a parent deck?
  • Do any of those parent/subdecks have different Options? Do they have any difrerent limits for “This deck” or “Today only”?
  • How many New cards are there in this deck (plus any relevant parent/sibling decks)? Where does 1581829223 fall in the queue?
  • How many New cards did you study today (search for introduced 1)?
1 Like

Ok so:
The new cards are not susupended
Not buried
I always click on the sundecks to study
All of my decks have the same settings in Options
I tried setting all of the cards to due today but not sure if that will change anything
What will changing the queue do?
I typically study around 1,000 - 1,500 cards a day but it has never been an issue in the past in terms of seeing all my new ones.

I really appreciate all of your help ahah

Ok I think I found the issue! I unchecked “bury new siblings / reviews” on my options and it let me study my cards! Thank you so much for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.