Deck Name Preservation

Hello
I’m having a problem with Anki and could use your help.
It seems whenever I export my deck called “15-Minute Spanish”, Anki doesn’t keep the name of the deck and the cards go into the Default deck during import.

I’ve tried exporting with and without a hyphen in the name, but no luck. I even tried creating a new profile and importing the deck there, but the cards still ended up in the Default deck. On top of that, when I tried recreating the problem in a new profile with the very same deck name and with a dummy card in it, the export/import worked fine. :exploding_head:

Even though I renamed the default deck back to “15-Minute Spanish” and exported it, the name of the deck was lost on import.

I wonder if this is the issue. Was your original deck the Default deck and you renamed it? Instead of renaming the Default deck, try moving your cards (“Change Deck”) into a new deck with the name you want.

1 Like

Indeed :scream:
I would consider this a bug. :beetle:

The default deck is a design wart that is hard to remove. It’s hidden when empty, to discourage people from using it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.