Create new templates using AnkiMobile?

Howdy!

First, I want to say that I love the app, and I know you all expend an enormous amount of energy jumping through Apple’s hoops to make the iPhone version run smoothly. I used the Mac computer version more than a decade ago, and now I’m jumping back into the world with this fancy and CONVENIENT iPhone app (I’m rarely by my laptop as my wife uses it for school, so I’d hate having to take it from her to make my silly language learning hobby cards lol).

I’d like to make some moderately custom templates to contain a combination of cloze and type answer and make them duplicate a reversed version as well, but it looks like I cannot create a new template in the app? The last time I found this question being asked was about a year and a half ago, and I just wanted to check in to see if this functionality may have been added in that time.

And if not, in theory could I just quickly make 3 or 4 blank templates (calling them temp1, temp2, etc.) on the laptop then just edit those templates from my iPhone at my leisure? Would I be able to rename the templates, or should I make sure I nail the naming during the initial creation on the computer application?

Thank you for your hard work! Happy to support this staple of a learning tool.

Thanks for the kind words!

I’m afraid AnkiMobile doesn’t yet support adding/renaming/removing templates - it can only edit the text of the template for the current review card. It will eventually get these features, but as people tend to prefer making such edits on a computer, it unfortunately hasn’t bubbled up to the top of my todo list yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.