Clozes making issues

Hey, I’ve gotta a question, perhaps it’s a plain one but how do I make numerous clozes in one card - e.g. I got a card: "I have a headache and I like smoking) - WHAT SHOULD I DO IN ORDER TO MAKE ONE WITH HEADACHE IN A CLOZE, ONE WITH SMOKING IN A CLOZE AND BOTH AT THE SAME TIME??

Without shouting, I ilustrate my TWO SEPARATE cards…

change the c2 to c1
e.g I have a {{c1::headache}} and I like {{c2::smoking}} → will show 2 cloze card (hiding one of the element while showing the other)
I have a … and I like smoking
I have a headache and I like …

I have a {{c1::headache}} and I like {{c1::smoking}} → will show 1 cloze card (hiding both elements)
I have a … and I like …

2 Likes

If I understand correctly, you want to create three cloze cards, while the third is a combination of the two previous ones.

That would require nesting the clozes like this:

I have a {{c3::{{c1::headache}}}} and I like {{c3::{{c2::smoking}}}}.

Anki’s default cloze note type doesn’t allow that. You could take a look at the add-on Closet, which handles nested clozes just fine.

Input

I have a [[c3::[[c1::headache]]]] and I like [[c3::[[c2::smoking]]]].

Card 1

Card 2

Card 3

4 Likes

I only want to add that just because you could, it doesn’t mean you should. :slight_smile:
The third one is not a good flashcard and doesn’t add any value.

2 Likes

For these sentences? No, it’s horrible. But to remember two criteria of a thing? I suppose it requires more active recall than one cloze

What if you put like this:
I have a {{c1::headache and I like smoking:: … and i like …}}
after the :: → will create a hint that will appear as: I have a [ … and i like …]

1 Like