Cards remaining to study count incorrect

Starting a few months ago, the number of cards I have remaining to study (both in my deck list and in the iOS app red badge) does not reduce to zero when I finish my cards for the day. When I click into the deck, there are no learning cards to study. This isn’t the biggest deal in the world but it’s pretty annoying!

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 7.41.47 AM

As the message says: There are cards to review today, but you have already reached the maximum number of daily reviews. You can change this limit in the deck options. A lot of users use „9999“, so there won’t be a limit to daily reviews.

Two questions:

1. I do not see this option - where exactly is it?
  2. I don’t think this is quite right. If I wait a few minutes, the next learning card becomes ready. After I review it, the count goes down to 0 and the badge clears. If I had reached the maximum, why does that happen?

Click on the deck you want to change, press the cog icon, select study options, and you will see “New cards/day” and “Maximum reviews/day”

There is no cog icon once I click the deck - just a top bar with Decks/Add/Edit/Browse. I must be looking in the wrong place.

Does the number shown on the badge correspond to the learning cards that will be shown later? If so, could you give the beta version a go and confirm the issue still exists?

https://docs.ankimobile.net/beta-testing.html

I do not have this gear icon.

Yes, it matches exactly. I’ll try the beta and see if it fixes it!

If you go to the main screen, press the cog icon, go to Review, then toggle “Tools Overlay Button” the gear icon should now show.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.