Cannot insert image in card or paste anything, says "error"

Hello,
When I try to insert an image (copy and paste) to my Anki cards on laptop it says “error” (see error message below). The image doesn’t even show up, just the below error message. The app is updated as well. I’ve tried to delete all the image add-ons as well (like image resizer) but when I do it also says error…
Thank you for answers!

" Error

An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.

If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.

When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.

Debug info:

Anki 2.1.56 (07fd88dd) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.0 PyQt 6.4.0

Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19045

Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2

Add-ons, last update check: 2023-01-26 17:41:25

Caught exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “aqt.editor”, line 1250, in onPaste

File “aqt.editor”, line 1244, in _onPaste

File “decorator”, line 232, in fun

File “anki.hooks”, line 89, in decorator_wrapper

File “anki.hooks”, line 86, in repl

TypeError: _processMime_around_with_extended() got multiple values for argument ‘_old’

Still, the problem seems most likely an add-on issue since it is related to the editor tab (“aqt.editor), even if it isn’t about image resizer add-on

Check out 2. Check add-ons: When problems occur - Frequently Asked Questions

By app, you mean add-ons are up to date as well? sometimes the add-on updater don’t appear automatically, in this case could you do add-on → check for updates

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.