Hello! For some reason my new card count (blue number) is getting reset back to the daily cap when I sync. The issue is only present with a normal sync; full sync works as expected.
This is the number I’m referring to:
Steps to reproduce:
- Start with two Windows 10 PCs with identical Anki 2.1.22 installs
- Be done or part way through reviews (such that the blue number is lower than the max)
- Do a full sync to ensure all counts are matching between computers
Note: If you then do a normal sync at this point, the bug will not occur. The normal sync has to include a change for the bug to occur.
- Make a change on computer A. This could be anything from reviewing a card to simply changing your current deck.
- Do a normal sync on computer A (in order to upload your change)
- Go to computer B and do a normal sync (in order to download the change)
Note: At this point, computer A still has the expected count, while computer B now has its new card count reset to the daily cap.
Here is a brief video demonstrating the issue: https://youtu.be/-xhT9t0Bx6Q
Things I’ve tried:
- Restarting PCs, etc.
- Checking the database
- Disabling Morphman (an addon which has features involving learning / adding new cards)
Things I can’t try :
- Updating Anki (unfortunately one of my most important addons, MIA Japanese, only updates every 6 months. It currently only supports 2.1.22)
When did the issue begin:
- I’ve been just been working around it for a couple weeks
- Perhaps it might have started around the DST change on Nov 1st? I have my next day set to start at 4AM in Anki’s settings. Since Nov 1st I’ve had a bug where the next day’s reviews come in an hour early, at 3AM, while everything else waits until 4AM
- Since a few weeks before the issue began, I haven’t been doing reviews on AnkiDroid. However, in exception, there was one day around the time the issue started where I did a couple reviews on it. I vaguely recall a bug occurring where the new count in AnkiDroid wasn’t correct.
Here are my addons. A lot of them are just UI tweaks:
I would be very grateful if anyone is willing to provide some insight into this!