When I go to preview or study a card with the built-in/default Note Type “Image Occlusion” Card, I get a blank card–nothing appears. In the Browser I can see the image in each occulsed card–with the rectangle boxes over the text. (The same issue occurs when I try to import someone else’s image occlused flashcards that uses the builtin basic Image Occlusion note type, such as this one [Anatomy 219 - 4.02 Spinal Cord - AnkiWeb].
Anki Version: Version 23.10.1 (fac9e0ee)
Python 3.9.15 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.1
OS: OS Catalina on Macbook pro 2012
This is what I am doing. Any thoughts?
Adding an Image for Image Occlusion
- Open the Add Screen: Launch Anki and open the Add screen.
- Select Note Type: Click on “Type” and choose “Image Occlusion” from the list of built-in note types.
- Load an Image:
- Click on “Select Image” to load an image file from your computer’s hard drive.
- Alternatively, if you have an image copied to your clipboard, click on “Paste image from clipboard”.
Adding Image Occlusion (IO) Cards
- IO Editor: After loading an image, the IO editor will open.
- Choose Shapes: Click on the icons on the left to add shapes to your image. You have three options:
- Select IO Mode: Choose between two IO modes for each note:
- Hide All, Guess One**: All areas are hidden, and only one area at a time is revealed during learning.
- Hide One, Guess One**: Only one area at a time is hidden and will be revealed during learning; the other areas remain visible.
- Add Cards: Once you’re done adding shapes and selecting the mode, click on the “Add” button at the bottom of the screen. Anki will create a card for each shape or group of shapes you’ve added.