Browser navigation: Home, End, PgUp, PgDown

Hi Damian,

In the browser window, in a list of thousands of notes, I seem to recall that I used to be able to use standard navigation buttons that make it a lot easier to get around without a mouse:

• Home
  • End
  • Page Up
  • Page Down

Some time ago, I noticed that this feature went away.
Is there a workaround, or other keys that accomplish the same?
For instance, if you told me that Ctrl + something accomplishes the same as End, I can just patch the two in Autohotkey.

Thanks in advance for your insights.
Wishing you a fun weekend. :slight_smile:

You can still use these, but you have to ensure you are focusing the card / note list. If you don’t want to use your mouse to do so, you can use Ctrl-Alt-L.

3 Likes

Hi BlackBeans,

Thank you for replying. Sorry for the delay, for some reason the notification didn’t reach me.

For me, in the note/card list,

• Home works (goes to the top note)
  • End doesn’t: focuses the search field instead of going to the last note
  • PgDn doesn’t: goes to the next saved search
  • PgUp works: goes to the previous screen page of notes

Do End and PgDn work for you?

Yes, Home, End, PgUp and PgDn all work as expected for me. Be sure to be focusing the Card list for that to work. You can, for instance, click on any entry in the Card list to ensure you are focusing it, and then try the shortcuts. Also, some add-ons might interfere with shortcuts. If they don’t work, retry with add-ons disabled.

2 Likes

Thank you again, BlackBeans.

After disabling add-ons as you suggested, I figured it out.
Dumb mistake, my fault.
After things still didn’t work, I inspected my ahk file and saw that I had actions assigned for End and PgDn in Anki, for another time when something else didn’t work.
Killed those, now everything is perfect.
Duh. :slight_smile:
Wishing you a fun week, thanks again.

3 Likes