Archiving Old Decks

Is there a way to archive old decks? I have a bunch of decks which I am not using, but may use in the future. I would like to see the list of decks I am currently working with and not the ones created a while ago and not in use. I just don’t want to delete them since I could see myself at some point needing to review them again.

1 Like

Maybe you could do something like this:

• Create a new parent deck to group all your old Anki decks (you can move them by renaming/dragging them)

• Set parent deck’s new and review limit to 0

• Collapse the parent deck to hide your old decks

In addition, you can suspend all the cards (e.g. by going to the browser and searching deck:Archive → Ctrl+A → Ctrl+J), to make sure they will not get included when creating filtered decks or custom study sessions.

Alternatively, if you do not want to see the old decks and their cards at all, not even in the Browser, maybe you could export a backup copy of your collection (including media and scheduling info) and then just delete the unwanted decks.

3 Likes

That is so helpful. I knew there had to be a way to do this. I am going to try moving them into a parent deck first. I really appreciate your detailed response and the steps necessary to accomplish this. thank you again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.