Ankiweb won't sync to ankidroid

This is a good sign, it means that AnkiDroid has tried to sync, but cannot merge on its own the two versions of your collection. Basically, the two versions of your collection (one on AnkiDroid, the other one on AnkiWeb) have been changed each on their own, so one cannot be updated into the other. You have to chose one to overwrite the other. Presumably, you want to keep the collection with your latest progress (you can always make a backup of your collection, try the other one, and if you don’t like it restore the backup and sync in the other direction).

1 Like

Hi Black Beans! Thanks again for your help. I think I have it down,now. I downloaded ankiweb one way to ankidroid, and I think that worked fine. I’m so relieved!

Marian

Hi Black Beans,

I have a new issue to ask you about. In Ankiweb, last week or two, I deleted the information from about 20 cards in one deck. So now, those cards, when I do Search, are blank. So I tried to Edit and add new words into those cards, but it doesn’t work. Can I delete all those empty cards somehow? I clicked on Edit, added my new Spanish word on the front, and the English translation on the back, but then it says, “The front of this card is blank.” And when I do a Find for the Spanish word, it’s not in there at all. I tried twice.

Got any good ideas for me?

Marian