Ankiweb Backup (?)

Hello,

I recently updated one of my decks, and because of that, I have lost a lot of information that was included within the flashcards. I wanted to restore the old version of my deck, but I have no access to that PC anymore, and I have already uploaded the deck in AnkiWeb as well unfortunately. I heard that @dae maybe could help with that?

Thank you so much!

If you don’t have access to your PC, what device did you use to sync with/upload to AnkiWeb?

As to whether an AnkiWeb server-backup might be a rescue – that usually depends on what you mean by “recently” and how old a version you’re looking for.

I indeed use my PC to upload the ankiweb (the same one that I used to update the deck), but now I am travelling so I don´t have access to it anymore. Also, “Recently”, I mean 2 days ago.

Thank you!

Ah, I understood you to mean your PC was unusable! :sweat_smile: You’ve got the best backup right on your PC – from before you made those changes, and there should be several to choose between. The sooner you restore that, the better, because they are only saved for so long. Restoring an Automatic Backup (Recovering from Data Loss) - Frequently Asked Questions

I can restore your AnkiWeb collection to a backup made 3 days ago, but do not know if that was before or after the problem, and you’ll lose any changes you made since then, unless you make a local backup first. If you have backed things up and wish me to proceed, let me know.

1 Like