Anki Slow Down when reviewing or making cards

Hi Everyone,

I use my anki on an M1 MAC; Mac OS; 13.0.1 (Ventura)

I am currently on Anki Version ⁨2.1.54 (b6a7760c)⁩
Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1

16 GB memory
and about 300 GB in storage;

I use anking, which is about 40,000 cards and make a lot of my own cards. I was making my own cards and then received an error message, which i quickly clicked past because I didn’t think it would bother my anki and now my anki has significant slow down when reviewing, when adding new cards, browsing anything. The error if I remember correctly said something about scheduling reaching 1,000,000 and telling me to reposition, but I don’t really understand how that could slow my anki down so badly. It was working fine earlier this morning.

I have tried check database, check media, and emptying cards. I deleted a good 1,000 cards that I have made to no change.

I like to add a lot of pictures to the cards that I make and do tons of image occlusion, I don’t know if this is causing significant slow down.

I also tried opening without add ons, with no avail.

Any tips/help would be appreciated thank you…

I had to switch from the M1 geared anki down to the

[Download Anki for macOS 10.13.4+ (Intel, 2.1.54 Qt5)]

[Download Anki for macOS 10.14.4+ (Intel, 2.1.54 Qt6)]

Can’t add images to my cards anymore, but works way better than before. Still not sure why I was experiencing so much delay and lag.

Youtube; Title; Fix Any Issues with Anki with These Short Steps; also helped me out too by terrance

This video also helped me too^^^ just did something similar on the mac instead of PC.

The message you received sounds unrelated to the issues you’re experiencing. It sounds like it may be some sort of graphics driver or memory leak issue with the toolkit, and it would be interesting to see if you get similar behaviour in the M1 build if you avoid making image occlusions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.