Anki shows 1st card reviews not according to settings

Hello! I have had this problem for 2 months. Thought it was a bug, but it looks like it isn’t.

Look, I have set the first review to display in 20 minutes. In reality I have from 20 to 25 (like 24 in the picture). Why does this happen? How can I fix it?

even if the buttons don’t reflect that

Keep in mind that Fuzz will only display on the buttons if you have the v3 Scheduler enabled.

It looks like Anki is applying a small amount of fuzz:
https://docs.ankiweb.net/studying.html?#fuzz-factor

My understanding is that fuzz is only applied to review cards’ intervals, not to new / learning / relearning cards’ steps, but it actually seems that the program applies a small amount of fuzz also for learning steps, even if the buttons don’t reflect that. Of course I may be missing something, maybe @dae or somebody else can confirm this.

It happens to all cards, not only reviews.

Sure.

Thanks.

@cqg explained this better than I could above, Fuzz is the reason for it and it’s intentional.

There is currently no way to way to disable fuzz without using addons.

So, what should I do now? It’s not about fuzz, as this happens to even just-added cards.

Learning cards are given up to 5 minutes of extra delay so that they don’t always appear in the same order. It is not possible to turn it off.

2 Likes

Got it.