Anki Mobile Javascript Problems

Hi, since my iPhone runs on 17.4.1 I have trouble with a great chess card template - GitHub - TowelSniffer/Anki-Chess-2.0: An interactive chess template for anki.. From time to time there seems to be a javascript issue. The same on iPad and only since the new iOS Version. On the back of the card the pieces are not “on the board” but over the board. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FuFqt5-4hqyjK7PhzO6emWvZ6qcWSil1/view?usp=sharing) when i tap the card template option in anki mobile and then on preview i get the javascript exception at the second try. When i practice the chess cards the first card is ok. all following cards do not load correctly. Sorry if the issue is not correct here but I think that it only appears since the new iOS version and can be a hint at other problems. Kind regards

Hi,

The issue was also raised to the developer of the card template: GitHub /TowelSniffer/Anki-Chess-2.0/issues/36 (sorry I can’t post direct links)

It would help to access the console log to troubleshoot the issue.
The only thing that we have now is “A javascript exception occurred”.

Is there a way to access it with AnkiMobile?

The JS author should be able to wrap their code in a try/catch block, then display the error.

1 Like