ANKI droping (or deleting) sub-modules from DECKS list

CASE 1
I recently acquired ANKI and installed it (couple of months ago) it in order to study a card deck provided by an online Network Course (the CCNA study guide) from said provider. Within a couple of weeks ANKI deleted (removed from view or selection) one of the sub-sections (module 2 of 38) from the Deck. I wasn’t initially worried as I had the source deck to reinstall from. From the provided screenshot note that Section 02 of 38 sections are missing from the list.

CASE 2. Recently I am/was building my own deck of cards from course material I’m learning from my local college. I had just finished creating my forth sub-module, when ANKI deleted (dropped from view or selection) the 2nd of the 4 modules I had just created. This is far more worrisome as I do not have any backup (as far as I know), Nor am aware any method to retrieve the the missing data (re: about 8 hours of work for this one sub-module).

In both cases I’m assuming the missing data is somewhere. Any retrieval options you might have would be greatly appreciated

Cheers and Thanks
Kevin

Anki creates backups, please have a look: Backups - Anki Manual.

Do you find notes from your missing subdecks in browser view (key: B)?

1 Like

No. I haven’t found and ‘notes’ for my missing sub-decks.
Another disturbing is that the user manual directions don’t match what I see with respect to options in user space. Might have to reload ANKI.
Kevin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.