Anki doesn't open anymore

Hi there.
Recently, i start using linux and wanted to continue using anki, so i instaled it on linux, put my favorite add-ons and dowloaded my cards. Everything was working fine, but all of a sudden the app stopped opening. I tried to run it through the terminal and the following message appeared:

Blockquote

Anki starting…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt”, line 13, in < module >
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode characters in position 0-2: ordinal not in range(128)

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “< string >”, line 1, in < module >
File “aqt”, line 15, in < module >
Exception: Anki requires a UTF-8 locale.

Blockquote

I uninstalled anki with the uninstall.sh file and installed it again. The result was the same.

Here are some details:

• Anki version: 2.1.54 Qt6
  • Add-on: Review Heatmap; Customize Keyboard Shortcuts; Image Occlusion Enhanced.
  • The number of cards downloaded was a lot, created by me in the last 3 years.

NOTE: there is no space btween the “<”, the “module” and the “>”. I put the space, because any word between “<” and “>” disappears. The same the same applies to “< string >”.

Thank you for reading my issue. If you have any idea what to do, please let me know.

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+to+set+locale+to+UTF+8+Ubuntu

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.