Anki desktop unable to sync

When i try to sync new cards to the anki web, Anki desktop said it couldn’t and suggested clicking the check database function. And if that didn’t work, it said i should force syncing in one direction.

i clicked on the check database function, but it didnt fix the problem.

i also dont want to sync in one direction. i use anki desktop to type in cards and use ankidroid to review the cards.I made some progress on my ankidroid, so if i force sync in one direction, i will surely get the new sets of cards on my ankidroid which is good, but i fear that it will reset my progress on hundreds of cards. therefore, i am in need of another solution.

The next day, anki desktop said i should copy paste the following error message to this forum.

Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.44 (b2b3275f) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=?
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-07-17 18:51:19

Unknown error

Please help me fix the problem with out loosing my new cards on anki desktop (which could not be synced), and with out loosing progress on the cards that i reviewed in ankidroid (in danger of being over written.).
Thank you in advance!

First, I would make a manual backup in both devices just in case.

Then you can try this:

1. Export your new cards in Ankidesktop to an apkg file.
  2. Sync Ankidroid with Ankiweb
  3. Sync Anki desktop with Ankiweb (keep Ankiweb)
  4. Import your apkg file again in Anki desktop
  5. Sync anki desktop with Ankiweb (keep Anki desktop)
  6. Sync anki droid with Ankiweb (keep Ankiweb)
2 Likes

Thank you, I will try it now

it worked! anki desktop synced with no errors after wards.

Glad it worked. Feel free to mark the thread as “solved” for future reference.