I downloaded the latest version of anki on my Mac M1 - every time I sync on my Wifi at home it shows this error: broken pipe or error: MAC.
Find image attached.
This does not happen definitely when my mobile data is being used
or on other wifi’s [at least I don’t think]
How do I fix?
I’m not sure what the problem might be. Things you could try:
- restarting your internet router and waiting a few minutes
- is ankiweb.net accessible in your browser from that wifi network?
thanks for the reply, and apologies for the ignorance;
• how do I re-start the router - meaning turning it on and off?
• I logged into ankiweb through my browser and that did initially help to prevent the message from coming up, but then a while later, it came up again when I tried to sync new cards
• seems I have to solve it by turning my data on, syncing, then returning back to my WiFi
would it be an issue that I have a different web account for different profiles ?
Thanks for updating us
Different ankiweb account for different profiles? No, don’t think so
We currently don’t know what could be causing this problem, we had a few reports about os error 32, but nothing yet
Do you use third-party antivirus, firewall, VPN or anti-malware software on your machine?
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.