ANKI and ANKIWeb not synchronized

The anki desktop that I have installed on my desktop and my laptop seem to synchronize with each other, but the information on ANII Web is not the same.
ANKIDroid on my Android (installed yesterday) and the ANKI Web are the same.
ANKI desktop shows the same email on the header as does ANKIDroid.

On ANKI Desktop when I go to Tools… preferences, I get the following:
Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.10.12 Qt 5.15.3 PyQt 5.15.6
Platform: Linux
Flags: frz=False ao=False sv=1

Caught exception:
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/main.py”, line 882, in onPrefs
aqt.dialogs.open(“Preferences”, self)
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/init.py”, line 82, in open
instance = creator(*args)
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/preferences.py”, line 25, in init
self.setupCollection()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/preferences.py”, line 80, in setupCollection
f.lrnCutoff.setValue(qc[‘collapseTime’]/60.0)
<class ‘TypeError’>: setValue(self, int): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘float’

When I close ANKI Desktop, I get the fololowing:

Your Anki client does not support the new timezone handling yet. Please ensure your Anki is up to date.

I installed ANKI on the laptop yesterday from the download on the ANKI website.

I get the same errors on both the desktop and the laptop.
Please paste ‘Debug Info’ (Settings > About > ‘Copy debug info’) below:

Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.10.12 Qt 5.15.3 PyQt 5.15.6
Platform: Linux
Flags: frz=False ao=False sv=1

Add-ons:

This appears to be an Anki Desktop issue, so I’ve moved this thread to the Anki Desktop subforum

In addition: you’re running an Anki Desktop version from March 2020, the first suggestion would be to upgrade to a more recent version.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/linux/installing.html

2 Likes

I think you’re going to need to update to a newer version first – https://apps.ankiweb.net/. Unless you have add-ons that are holding you back because they are incompatible with updates, there’s no reason not to. Even if you have add-ons that won’t let you get all the way to the most recent release, there are lots of great versions in between that should work.

Because you are jumping so far forward, make sure to check the platform notes to see if there is anything you need to be aware of. Platform Notes - Anki Manual

And then if your crash and sync issues are not resolved, we can take a look at what is happening there.

1 Like

Thanks David!

Everybody said to upgrade to the latest version and I though that I had.

I had a link to the older version. When I reinstalled with the link you provided everything straightened out.
I lost some Decks from my desktop version, but I have them still on my hard drive. It will only take a few minutes to import them again.

If these are decks that you were studying already, and you don’t want to lose that review history, there are probably backups you could restore from.

Did you upgrade both your desktop and your laptop? It’s a good idea to.

A great next step to make sure those issues are behind you will be to get your collection in sync across all devices (with 3 devices, a full cycle of syncs would be e.g. desktop-laptop-droid-desktop). Then run a Check Database (and a Check Media would probably be good too) on one device, and force a one-way sync from there that you can receive on your other devices. That will give you a good healthy starting point.

Thanks ,
Yes, I did update both machines and they now are behaving well. No problems. I was able to import the missing decks again.

1 Like