Errors when trying to sync Anki in desktop

PLS HELP :
I keep getting this error : Your Anki client does not support the new timezone handling yet. Please ensure your Anki is up to date.
I cannot go to preferences : I’m getting this error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.

If problems persist, please report the problem on our [support site] Please copy and paste the information below into your report.

Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.10.12 Qt 5.15.3 PyQt 5.15.6

Platform: Linux

Flags: frz=False ao=False sv=1

Caught exception:

File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/main.py”, line 882, in onPrefs

aqt.dialogs.open(“Preferences”, self)

File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/init.py”, line 82, in open

instance = creator(*args)

File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/preferences.py”, line 25, in init

self.setupCollection()

File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/preferences.py”, line 80, in setupCollection

f.lrnCutoff.setValue(qc[‘collapseTime’]/60.0)

<class ‘TypeError’>: setValue(self, int): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘float’

Please update this very old Anki version using a download from the Anki website. It is a known issue with this outdated version (likely distributed through package managers), that does not occur in recent versions.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for ur swift reply.
I’m using Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS and I just recently downloaded Anki directly from their website. I actually don’t know to install it using commands in Linux, so just followed the steps which the website has given. So, I dont know if i accidentally messed it up by pasting a wrong command…but after downloading Anki from their site (twice) I have this old version and the second msg keeps popping up. (the first one I solved)
Tnx…pls try to help :))

https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/linux/installing.html

The error you’re getting shows us you’re using your distro-provided, old version of Anki, and not the latest version from the website. You may need to uninstall the system version first.

Hey Dae…I don’t know what to do with this, what does this mean?
Could you pls guide me through the process of installing Anki, I’m completely lost.
Thanks

At this point it isn’t a question specific to Anki anymore. Are you a Linux novice and you don’t know how to run commands in a terminal window? I think there must be Linux tutorials somewhere on the internet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.