Anki 23.12 Beta

Hi Chris, I just wanted to take a look at your translations but I didn’t find an option to filter by user.

You can see the unreviewed strings

1 Like

Done! :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Vielen Dank :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suggest keeping the Check Media window open until the user decides to manually close it:

Currently, selecting any of the ‘action’ options (Delete Unused, Tag Missing, Render LaTeX, Empty Trash, Restore Deleted ) results in the Check Media window automatically closing.

This means that if the user wishes to, for example, first delete unused media and then use Tag Missing, they need to check the media twice. This process can be a bit time-consuming, especially with large collections.

1 Like

https://docs.ankiweb.net/studying.html#fuzz-factor

1 Like

That’s interesting. I never knew that fuzz is also applied to learning cards.

1 Like

Anki 23.12 beta 3
MacOS 14.2 Apple Silicon

opening Anki with no add-ons enabled and pressing b to open browse, clicking browse, cmd+(comma) all cause Anki to crash with “Anki quit unexpectedly” message. Abridged crash report below:

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

Process: anki [36731]
Path: /Users/USER/Desktop/Anki.app/Contents/MacOS/anki
Identifier: net.ankiweb.dtop
Version: 23.12 (???)
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2023-12-14 00:05:52.0535 -0600
OS Version: macOS 14.2 (23C64)
Report Version: 12

Time Awake Since Boot: 44000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 3829 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 CrBrowserMain Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 6 Abort trap: 6
Terminating Process: anki [36731]

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

I’m a colledge student in China. I’m getting ready for my graduation thesis about memory algorithm and spaced repetition.
I read the article titled “FSRS is now the most accurate spaced repetition algorithm in the world” on reddit. I saw “If you would like to get your hands on the dataset to use it for your own research, please contact Dae (Damien Elmes).” write on the article, and I really need this dataset to help my research, so I would like to ask if you can send me a copy of the data.
Hope you’re doing well!

2 Likes

Thanks for the example apkg. I will try to look into it this weekend.

2 Likes

Please follow the steps on Troubleshooting - Anki Manual

Please post a private message on https://anki.tenderapp.com/ and I’ll send you a link in the next few days.

1 Like

Suggestion: Deck size, Days to simulate and Minutes study/day should be remembered on a per-preset basis. It’s much more likely that the user will want to re-compute desired retention with the same values of these parameters than with the default values.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply :grinning:

I’m not sure if this behavior is possible, but I’m trying to get the new Auto Advance feature to show a reminder after enough seconds have passed and I haven’t revealed the answer yet, but not to reveal the answer itself. Is this possible? I’d prefer that it just reminds me when I’m taking too long.

I have “Reschedule cards on change” disabled, and enabling it is not retained, which makes [Question] Is rescheduling using the add-on even necessary anymore? · Issue #325 · open-spaced-repetition/fsrs4anki-helper · GitHub really bad.

It’s intended. Though I don’t think that this is a good idea, and would prefer if it was saved.

1 Like

I can’t think of any other option that is not saved like that. That fact should at least be more prominent than in the help.

@dae it seems that right now, if the user moves a card from deck A with preset A* to deck B with preset B*, DSR values are not recalculated automatically. I believe this is a critical oversight.

1 Like

I am unable to open the Anki > Preferences pane so am not able to access ‘reset window sizes’ or ‘change video driver’ but have tried all the other solutions in the troubleshooting manual that has not solved my issue. It seems like only the preferences and the browser are broken. I am still able to review, open stats, open add window, etc. Opening the preferences or browse via button or hotkey crashes my Anki.

Another suggestion: to ensure that users cannot end up with worse performance after optimization, do the following:

1. Run the optimizer to obtain new parameters
  2. Run evaluation with the old parameters
  3. Run evaluation with the new parameters
  4. Choose whichever parameters result in lower RMSE