Anki 2.1.50 Beta 1 & 2

With that change, we refrain from saving the fullscreen state. But if an invalid state has been saved with Beta 1, it needs to be overriden with a proper state before issues will disappear.
I thought, this might be the problem. But as @dae says, we also have to take care of saveState() which is used for the main window, which I have overlooked.
Sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

When adding cards, the “Show duplicates” feature in 2.1.49 and previous, is really useful:

However, it seems that this feature doesn’t appear in 2.1.50:

Any chance to getting this back?

4 Likes

There you go :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I noticed that I cannot use Ctrl+Shift+Alt+C to create clozes with the same cloze number anymore. Can somebody else recreate this? It seems like any additional keys after pressing Ctrl+Alt are ignored by the webview.

I noticed that using the CSS backdrop-filter property makes Anki crash immediately.

Works for me on Linux (dev build) :thinking:

@Ab_Bc Where (template, editor, …) are you using this property and when does this occur exactly? During review?

1 Like

In the “styling” section of the template editor: as soon as I write a valid value for that property ( e.g. blur(2px) ) Anki crashes.

Working properly here (Win)

Looks like a change in Qt 6 on Mac - with scripts/run-qt5.15, it works correctly. What a pain, we only just resolved the AltGr issue on Windows! We’ll need to report this on the Qt bugtracker, and then hopefully find a workaround. In the absence of a better solution, the eventFilter() in webview.py does appear to receive the keys:

if isinstance(evt, QKeyEvent):
            print("qt", evt.modifiers(), evt.key())

So we could define an eventFilter just for the editor, then add in a hack that invokes .eval() to send some JS message to the webview that triggers that action.

1 Like

This is not specifically related to 2.1.50, but still ocurring in this versiob, so here it goes anyway. If you accidentally press “1” and “2” simultaneously when you are answering questions (which happens to me quite often), here’s the info message you’ll get most of the times:

…Or this one:

Nothing really serious, mostly a cosmetic issue, but maybe someone would like to take a look.

(Windows, no addons):

4 Likes

adding cards will not clear contents of last card.
windows11,pyqt6

背面 has pin icon (:pushpin:) ON. Turn it OFF

4 Likes

I presume this is a bug,yet clown is me.Thanks @blackace72 for helping me out

1 Like

I think the browser’s preview window has two issues:

• Try adding a bunch of audio files to a card & then open the previewer for it. On closing, the audio doesn’t stop, and will continue to play all remaining files “in the background”. I guess the preview object doesn’t get destroyed?

• Javascript files sourced by the card (template) don’t seem to get executed in the previewer anymore.

(edit: ⁨fixed in 12ccdee25; edit2: but the JS is still bugged?)

I believe this was supposed to be fixed in 2.1.49 by this PR: Fix memory leak in previewer by hikaru-y ¡ Pull Request #1384 ¡ ankitects/anki ¡ GitHub

But maybe it was reintroduced.

1 Like

Great job with image resizing in the editor! That was such a wanted feature.
However, there’s a compatibility problem with existing solutions to image resizing.

Image Style Editor add-on resizes the images by adding inline style to elements (style="width:100px"). Meanwhile, the new built-in resizer adds width html attribute, which has lower precedence than css width. So any images resized via Image Style Editor cannot be resized in the editor.
The add-on’s been downloaded ~50k times, and you may see some people confused why they cannot resize their images.
Perhaps we can remove image’s .style.width when resizing images? And use existing .style.width value when starting resize.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is intentional or not, but in the “Add” window, you used to be able to use TAB navigation to go to the “Tags” field and continue writing tags. It seems you can no longer navigate to the “Tags” field using TAB navigation.

Also, curiously, when you TAB navigate backwards (using TAB+SHIFT) the active field cycles through all the text fields and main buttons circularly, jumping from the topmost one to the bottom ones. But when you TAB navigate forwards, the active field just stays with the three bottommost buttons, not proceeding to the top of the window.

Another thing, though I think it’s always been so: When a field has some encompassing HTML element (span, div, …) in it, Ctrl-a’ing won’t select the latter.

So it’ll “invisibly” remain if you delete that selection. Annoyance to me, but might also confuse people unaware that conditional replacements triggers with any field content, including such.

1 Like

Related: Deleting a list in the editor leaves <div><br></div> behind ¡ Issue #1536 ¡ ankitects/anki ¡ GitHub

2 Likes

It seems you can no longer navigate to the “Tags” field using TAB navigation.

This was done intentionally as there’s also the Ctrl-Shift-T shortcut with which you can jump to the tags at any time.

[…] just stays with the three bottommost buttons

That however is unwanted behavior, thanks for the report!

1 Like