An Error Occurred

Upon selecting Preview in the Browser, or when selecting Show Answer in Decks, I receive this an error message.
I updated the database, and I turned of all the add-ons. The error message continues to display. This does not happen when running Anki with the same database files on my other laptop or on my desktop. Please help. This is the error message that I was instructed to post:

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 23.10.1 (fac9e0ee) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.6.0 PyQt 6.6.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19045
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-12-20 17:10:58

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.webview”, line 628, in handler
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 652, in _onTypedAnswer
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 398, in _showAnswer
File “aqt.sound”, line 150, in play_tags
File “aqt.sound”, line 209, in _play_next_if_idle
File “aqt.sound”, line 212, in _play
File “aqt.sound”, line 223, in _best_player_for_tag
File “aqt.tts”, line 120, in rank_for_tag
File “aqt.tts”, line 85, in voice_for_tag
File “aqt.tts”, line 81, in voices
File “aqt.tts”, line 580, in get_available_voices
File “aqt.tts”, line 585, in _get_available_voices
File “anki._backend_generated”, line 1365, in all_tts_voices
File “anki._backend”, line 158, in _run_command
anki.errors.BackendError: WindowsError { details: Other, source: Error { code: HRESULT(0x80070002), message: “The system cannot find the file specified.” } }

Try the troubleshooting checklist. It seems you have already done some of the steps.

From the error messages, it seems perhaps you have defined some TTS voices that don’t exist on your computer.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/templates/fields.html?highlight=voice#text-to-speech-for-individual-fields

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.