Opening Browser

I am using anki 2.1.56 QT6, whenever I open browser I get the below error, but if I close it and click on the browser again I can open it, so why am I getting this error?

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.56 (07fd88dd) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.0 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19044
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-02-05 21:42:41

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.webview”, line 43, in cmd
File “aqt.webview”, line 150, in _onCmd
File “aqt.webview”, line 620, in onBridgeCmd
File “decorator”, line 232, in fun
File “anki.hooks”, line 89, in decorator_wrapper
File “anki.hooks”, line 86, in repl
File "C:\Users\YashBhai\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\907028815_init
.py", line 623, in myLinkHandler
return _old(self, url)
File “aqt.toolbar”, line 168, in _linkHandler
File “aqt.toolbar”, line 186, in _browseLinkHandler
File “aqt.main”, line 1167, in onBrowse
File “aqt”, line 132, in open
File “decorator”, line 232, in fun
File “anki.hooks”, line 89, in decorator_wrapper
File “anki.hooks”, line 80, in repl
File “aqt.browser.browser”, line 137, in init
File “aqt.browser.browser”, line 336, in setupMenus
File “_aqt.hooks”, line 935, in call
File “anki.hooks”, line 34, in runHook
File “C:\Users\YashBhai\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\Fastbar\fastbar.py”, line 70, in addToolBar
tb.setToolButtonStyle(3)
TypeError: setToolButtonStyle(self, Qt.ToolButtonStyle): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘int’

The first add-on is not available to public

This is a placeholder for the KING of Study Timers add-on (a pomodoro-style timer) that is currently being beta tested. If you would like to beta test, you can sign up on our AnKing Membership.

Not sure why the fastbar is breaking, its working fine here, so maybe do Preferences -> add-ons -> check for updates

Either way, this is a case of add-on breakages

Please close Anki, then start it again while holding down the shift key, which will disable any add-ons you have installed.

If the problem goes away when add-ons are disabled, you can narrow down the culprit by disabling one or more add-ons, restarting Anki, and seeing if the problem goes away. If you have lots of them, you can select the top half of your add-ons in the Add-ons screen and disable them. If after restarting Anki, the problem is still there, try the other half instead. Once you’ve found the half that is causing the problem, divide that half into half again, and repeat. You should be able to narrow it down in around ~6 steps that way.

Alternatively, if you don’t need all the add-ons you have installed, you could start by disabling all the ones you don’t need, and seeing if that helps. Repeat the process trying different add-ons, until you discover which one is causing the problem.

If the issue turns out to be an add-on, please report the issue to the add-on author.
When problems occur - Frequently Asked Questions

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.