Browse error on Anki 2.1.44

why do I keep having browse error on Anki 2.1.44 ?

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.44 (b2b3275f) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.16
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-05-31 11:52:27

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 36, in cmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 135, in _onCmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 580, in _onBridgeCmd
File “aqt/toolbar.py”, line 169, in _linkHandler
File “aqt/toolbar.py”, line 187, in _browseLinkHandler
File “aqt/main.py”, line 1067, in onBrowse
File “aqt/init.py”, line 101, in open
File “aqt/browser.py”, line 475, in init
File “”, line 2, in setupSearch
File “anki/hooks.py”, line 89, in decorator_wrapper
File “anki/hooks.py”, line 81, in repl
TypeError: onSetupSearch() takes 1 positional argument but 3 were given

Please follow the instructions above

1 Like

I already did. I disabled the add-on and still keeps doing it. I will downgrade until this issue get fixed. thank you

That error message indicates add-ons are not disabled. If you hold down shift while starting Anki, you should see a message pop up saying that add-ons have been disabled.

hi,

why I keep having issues with the browser? It seems I have to hold down shift every time I open the app, otherwise, an error pop up. Is there a way to fix this other than disabled all the add-on ?

the other questions is: when you open the browser there is a tap that says add-on, how can I get rid of it ?

thanks

Open Anki, go to “Tools > Add-ons”, now select the add-on you want to remove and select “Delete”.

1 Like

I want to delete the add-on tab from the browser. how ?
why the new version is conflicting with most add-on ?

I want to delete the add-on tab from the browser. how ?

You have to find the add-on that causes it and disable it. Afterwards you could also tell the add-on developer so he might fix it.

why the new version is conflicting with most add-on?

New Anki versions bring many new features, at the cost that some add-ons become incompatible. In fact many new Anki features are inspired by add-ons.

4 Likes

This is most likely caused by the Advanced Browser add-on. You must remove all extra tabs (right click on tabs) while the add-on is enabled and afterwards disable the add-on.

3 Likes