Advice for importing 20,000+ cards from another SRS?

So I’ve delayed the process of transitioning to Anki from Memrise for far too long, and the time has come… I have exported my hand-made Memrise deck of 20,000 cards into an excel document ready to import into Anki.

Except the obvious issue is that all 20,000 cards are going to start back on a ‘new card’ status. I’m aware that with Anki I can choose to manually select that a certain card is easy and cause it not to show up for several months, however if I do this for the 80%+ of the cards that I am largely familiar with, does that not simply mean in a few months from now I’m going to suddenly have 16,000 reviews due?

Does anyone have any advice as to how to avoid this issue? Is there a plugin that can change the ‘easy’ marking of a card to a random extended interval (3-9 months) instead of a fixed interval or something? Or any other kind of tips?

When you use “Set Due Date…” you can specify an interval such as 3-7, which means a random value of 3 to 7 days.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.