X-callback-url syncing issue

I put together a shortcut to add words to my Anki deck but would like to perform a sync beforehand to prevent conflicts between devices. However, when I call the sync url from my shortcut, the control switches to Anki, the sync takes place, then the shortcut hangs without continuing on to add the new word to my deck. Is Anki supposed to not return when the sync callback is called? Or else is there a way to get it to continue?

I’m afraid syncing does not support a callback URL at the moment, but I’ll keep an eye on demand for this.

1 Like

Is the documentation out of date then? It says it’s been supported since 20.0.9.0. And when I run an automation with it, Anki loads up and runs a sync as I would expect, however it just doesn’t return control back to the shortcut as I would expect.

I would link directly to it but the web form doesn’t seem to allow links.

Sorry, my wording was confusing. All AnkiMobile URL schemes use ‘x-callback-url’; what I meant was that an x-success callback argument is not supported. x-success is only documented in the adding notes section.

Ah, I see, so it’s an issue with x-success. Oh well, that’s too bad. Thank you for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.