Writing two-way cards with three fields

I’m afraid I’m quite new to Anki as a whole so I might be asking a simple question with a simple answer - nevertheless I’ll have a go.

I’ve recently started learning German and so need to have two-way cards that give me the German and ask for English, and then ones that give me the English and ask for the German. I understand that I can do that with the ‘Basic (and reversed card)’ note type. However, I want to do something a little more, which is where my problem comes in.

If I understand it correctly, I am looking for have a two-way card with three fields. By this I mean for each note I want to have three things: the basic German word (nom. sg. noun, etc.); the additional grammar information (the noun’s gender, etc.); the translation. However, when I am reviewing the cards, what I would like is this: if I am looking at the card German-to-English, I would like to be given as the answer the additional grammar information and the English translation; if I am looking at the card English-to-German, I would like to be given as the answer the additional grammar information and the basic German word.

So, for example, I could have the word ‘Ente’, gender feminine, translation ‘duck’. I would like Anki to give me ‘Ente’ as the question, and then ‘feminine’ and ‘duck’ as the answer; similarly I would also like Anki to give me ‘duck’ as the question and then ‘feminine’ and ‘Ente’ as the answer.

Is this at all possible with Anki? The problem is how to work the additional grammar information into it, because I do not want to have that as the question and then be asking to remember the German word and the English translation (being given just ‘feminine’ obviously means I cannot give a sensible answer).

1. Create another field for the basic (and reverse note type) (lets call it “Extra”)
    • you can create a whole new basic (and reverse) note type if you want
  2. go to template editor (on card editor click on “Cards…” or go to “Tools -> Manage note types”, select basic and reversed note type then click on “Cards…”)
  3. from the drop down menu on top of that window (in front of “Card type”), select “Card 1”, then add {{Extra}} to the back template [1]
  4. from the drop down menu on top of that window (in front of “Card type”), select “Card 2”, then add {{Extra}} to the back template [2]

[1] here's how your back template on "Card 1" should be like
{{FrontSide}}

<hr id=answer >

{{Back}}

<br>

{{Extra}}

[2] here’s how your back template on “Card 2” should be like

{{FrontSide}}

<hr id=answer>

{{Front}}

<br>

{{Extra}}