What's the last known working version of anki to work with the incremental reading addon? thx

hi,
think of a way to use IR on anki:
use a portable windows anki, old version, ONLY with IR addon.

after making the IR cards, migrate those to your main anki.

yeah, that’s it.

alternatively, bought any version of supermemo, use it as the portable old one.

By incremental reading add-on, you mean Incremental Reading v4.10.3 - AnkiWeb ? by the comments it seems it was 2.1.22

would recommend the use of Searching, PDF Reading & Note-Taking in Add Dialog - AnkiWeb for incremental reading, works in 2.1.56 (latest version)

1 Like

hi, thx for reply.

1. that IR v4.xx got an unofficial clone, i tested and reported that indeep it work for anki v2.1.54, at least.

2. however it didn’t have PDF reader build-in, for HTML source it’s good. for PDF i am trying PDF to notes plugin.

3. atm i found your suggestion have that PDF tools build-in, would be a good try, thanks

ok now, i read-ed the addon’s introduction by anking in youtube.

there is a steep learning curve, but seems worth a try.

thank you.

0old:

hi,

did u use it with 2.1.54 qt6 or above?
i tried this:

i tried to select a PDF from the source,
then type title, and also “create and keep open”, but nothing happens. no new note is created.

i will try several more time, if it works, i’ll report here. thanks

Sorry, didn’t checked in for a few days, by “Create & Keep Open”, it meant the New Note tab, not the pdf you have created

1. that IR v4.xx got an unofficial clone, i tested and reported that indeep it work for anki v2.1.54, at least.

Didn’t noticed the unofficial clone, https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/999215520 thanks for sharing

then type title, and also “create and keep open”, but nothing happens. no new note is created.

to check the pdfs you have added, go to Notes → Newest or Random or Search

Since this thread is marked “Solution”, if you have any doubts, create a new thread