Up loaded my Anki to a new I phone now all my images are unavailable

I have a mac book pro, and a I mac desk top. I had an android. When updating and transferring my flashcards to my i phone I am now unable to view any of my images on my iphone. Could someone please help?

No cause for alarm. Media files may take time to sync - Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you but when I synchronise it is taking a very long time, its often times out and mostly gives this erorr

https://faqs.ankiweb.net/syncing-failed-connection-timed-out-errors-when-syncing.html

In the future – if you know that you’re getting an error, you should say so in your first post. That’s the best way to get the help you need.

1 Like

I did not know this usually it told me connection timed out but thank you for the future.

Please make sure you’re not turning off the screen or switching to a different app, as that will interrupt the sync. If you sync again after getting an error, it will pick up where it left off. Once you see “media sync complete”, you should find images show correctly.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your message I am not turning off the screen or changing Apps. However it is still showing as error show as above. I wonder if this is why ,y photos are not showing up also. Thank you

Does it appear to be making progress (upload/download counts changing) before you get the error? If so, then please sync again until it completes. If not, and you have a particularly big file in your media folder, you may find it helpful to double or triple the network timeout limit in the preferences>syncing screen to avoid the error.

Thank you the synchronise wheel just keeps spinning. I have set the preferneces to 90 & then 200 I am still facing problems. Thank you

If you tap on the sync button while the spinning icon is visible, it will open the media syncing screen, where you can a count of files being uploaded/downloaded. If the count appears to be changing before you get an error message, you’re likely making progress.

If you don’t want to wait for things to sync, another option is to manually export your collection, airdrop it to your phone, and import it there. Collection Transfer - AnkiMobile Manual

Thank you , Is there any way that I can obtain my images on my iphone. Its really troublesome to not have any images at all now? Thank you

I think it would be a good idea to export your decks from your PC offline and import them to your mobile.

… which dae posted the directions for just above your post.

1 Like

Wow, I missed that comment.

Thank you so much for your help. This hasd worked!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.