Underline doesn’t work inside ligatures

I noticed that if I underline a character that is part of a ligature (like the i in the pair fi), that underline is ignored, unless it is inside another pair of html tags.

Try for example la f<i>i</i>glia / la f<u>i</u>glia / la f<i><u>i</u></i>glia to see the differences. (I had a screenshot, but I’m not allowed to post images or links here.)

Is this a known bug and is there a workaround? la f<u><i></i>i</u>glia doesn’t do the trick.

This problem occurs on version 2.1.55 (01caec2a)⁩ (Qt 6) and Windows 10, though I also noticed it in earlier releases.

Full debug info:

Anki 2.1.55 (01caec2a) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.0 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19045
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-12-21 11:07:43

===Add-ons (active)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])

===IDs of active AnkiWeb add-ons===

===Add-ons (inactive)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])

Well, I’ve found a workaround. (But i can no longer edit my first post or the thread title?)

Adding the tag <wbr> between the letters of the ligature breaks it up so Anki doesn’t try to show it as a ligature, but displays it as two separate letters, which in my case means that one letter is underlined and the other isn’t.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.