Unable to sync on desktop, error code no matter what I do

Hi, I’m desperate to get this problem fixed.

Each time I attempt to sync Anki on my desktop, the following error code appears:

DBError { info: “InvalidColumnType(4, “ivl”, Real)”, kind: Other }

I’ve seen others post about this but wasn’t able to fix it with their suggestions. I’ve tried Check Database, Check Media, uploading from Anki Web, downloading to Anki Web, and deleting multiple large decks I’m not currently using. Nothing has worked.

I am using version Version 2.1.30 (06a69c25).
Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2

1 Like

Check Database followed by an upload on that device, and download on any other devices, should resolve the issue. If it does not, please let me know.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the help, but unfortunately no luck. I’ve made a new account at this point and hopefully the issue will resolve.

Changing accounts is not necessary - as long as you uploaded after checking the database and downloaded on the other devices, it should be working. If the problem crops up again please let me know your account email and I’ll investigate.

Hello, unfortunately I have the same problem as japsican, and it is not working after I tried your method, hope there is another way to solve it!

Please post the error message you’re getting.

I was having the same problem. I did what you suggested and it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!

I have the same problem too. When I click check database I get the error:

DBError { info: “Other(Utf8Error { valid_up_to: 73, error_len: Some(1) })”, kind: Other }

My Anki version is:

Version 2.1.35 (84dcaa86)
Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2

That’s a separate issue, and the latest beta version should fix that for you when use use Tools>Check Database. https://betas.ankiweb.net/#/

Hi! just wanted to thank you, I had the same problem and it got fixed

1 Like