Sums calculated wrong

I don’t care much about this but thought I should mention it: the sums dont’s show correctly (or I do not understand what they should mean):

The Learn column seems to contain the sum of the sub-topics. The New column is empty though there are 3 new in total. And the due is only from one sub-topic (maybe the New is also only taken from here?).

Not a big deal, I’d guess.

I think this is intended behaviour. the ‘WaniKani Ultimate’ Deckgroup probably (can be adjusted) has the same deck preset as all its subdecks.

Let’s assume the preset allows for 90 card reviews maximum per day. If you study the subdecks individually with this preset you can have 90 reviews in Radicals, 90 reviews in Kanjis and 90 reviews in Vocabulary, so 270 reviews in total.

Since the Deckgroup has the same preset as it’s subdecks though, if you study the deck group you will also only be able to have 90 reviews.
It’s analogous for new cards.

The orange ‘Learn’/incorrectly answered cards just sum up as their not determined by the preset.

If you want to change this behaviour adjust the preset for the deck group and only the deck group (watch out, you will probably need to create a new preset instead of just adjusting the current one).
Just click on the gear icon next to the deck group and under options adjust to your liking after a ‘Clone Preset’

2 Likes

Hmm, I dont see the relation. Isn’t the top level meant to display the sum of the sub-levels? There were different presets but none that rectified the display in any way.

Funny. I manipulated the settings for the main topic slightly and now the sums appear correctly. I would guess there’s some bug in the calculation but I have no idea how this is related to the settings.

Well, here’s another issue:
pic20220508093218

A negative number of reviews?

@Rumo any ideas? I know we discussed this issue in Fix bury count by RumovZ · Pull Request #1678 · ankitects/anki · GitHub, but wouldn’t one of the other queues have a matching positive number in that case?

@qwerty_an When you click on a deck, the limits of that deck are applied to the sum total. If the deck you click on has a limit that is smaller than the sum of all subdecks, then it will not add up.

No, I would think so, too.

@qwerty_an if you hit that issue again, before studying any further, please file>export your collection without media, upload the file to somewhere like Gofile - Free file sharing and storage platform, and then share the link to it (via private message if you’d prefer not to share it publicly)

Yes, will do. It does not happen always but I seem to remember having seen the negative more than once. Thanks for taking care!

There you are: -no screenshot-

I placed the deck on Dropbox.

Why no screenshot? Well, I switched to Export and there my window was gone. Scratching my head and trying to swich full screen mode. And that got me an exception:

Fehler
Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. Bitte benutzen Sie Extras > Datenbank überprüfen, um das Problem evtl. zu lösen.
Sollte das Problem fortbestehen, wenden Sie sich bitte mit Ihrem Problem an die Support-Webseite. Bitte fügen Sie in diesem Fall die folgenden Informationen in den Problembericht ein.
Anki 2.1.52 (a989e508) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.0 PyQt 6.3.0
Platform: Mac 12.3.1
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-05-09 16:28:00

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.main”, line 1280, in on_toggle_full_screen
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘setWindowState’

Opened a can of worms it seems…

P.S.: I ran the consistency check but the error did not go away.

P.P.S: re-opened Anki and here’s the screenshot:

1 Like

Thanks, there is indeed a bug that leads to a review card being shown, despite the limit being reached. I’ve prepared a fix.

Not sure about the exception, but the actual issue is likely the disappearance of the GUI beforehand.

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I tried to reproduce that bug but the window was kept this time. If I happen to reproduce it I’ll post the steps. Compared to Anki’s benefits these bugs seem negligible. Of course, a bug-free software is always prefered…

1 Like