Something weird going on with my anki

A few days ago i tried to install new version of anki and i noticed that there are some new bugs that i know how long it takes you gays to fix it, already got in trouble with this before with new version, so i just uninstalled the New Anki and continued to use old version Version 2.1.33 (3f403040);
I know that it’s rly old version, but i just tired, that every update, i got fckd up my collection or annoying bugs.

After reinstalling anki i noticed that after sync, i got less cards in review than i had before, but i just gave up on this issue.

A few days later I had a database error message, to upload/download from anki web, so I uploaded to web my collection.

Then my cards messed up, some got deleted some moved to new collection with name “backedup+ numbers”

Today I had to delete about 40 cards,and create new one, because “answering” is blocked by this error message:
*Launching with Shift(disabled plugins) doesn’t resolve problem, as well as database synch or other tricks,tho i can still review these cards on my ipad and iphone

An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.33 (3f403040) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-12-17 20:59:25

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt\”, line 299, in
File “aqt\”, line 265, in _answerCard
File “anki\”, line 90, in answerCard
File “anki\”, line 120, in _answerCard
Exception: Invalid queue ‘< object at 0x000001D642539100> {‘data’: ‘’, ‘did’: 1630981640060, ‘due’: 1639067506, ‘factor’: 1950, ‘flags’: 0, ‘id’: 1637559888992, ‘ivl’: 3, ‘lapses’: 2, ‘left’: 1001, ‘mod’: 1639793617, ‘nid’: 1637559888992, ‘odid’: 0, ‘odue’: 0, ‘ord’: 0, ‘queue’: 4, ‘reps’: 15, ‘type’: 2, ‘usn’: 2459}’

  • The bug in new version is that you unable to hide card after editing it during the review, very useful function when card have a lot of information and you wanna just check through editing whether you answer right or wrong. Ofc it’ll be better if there will be plugin or function for hint “cloze” answer, but as long as here no such thing, it’s rly annoying to have this bug or mb it’s a feature, have no idea…

  • In new version the color of hyperlinks when you creating card making the text not readable.

  • One more is that i can get what is with timer on the buttons, it feels like it always displaying some random info…

Anyway, I think i just won’t be trying to install next updates, but I rly hope you can find good QA… :cry:
There are 50 ppl in cred to the product and it’s rly sad that every release has some bugs that just can be found in 2 minutes of using the product…

2.1.49 is fairly stable in my system, probably some of the problems you’re experiencing are caused by add-ons that are not compatible with newer versions.

Have you tried to start the program with add-ons deactivated, as the message says? Performing a databse check may help too.

To change the color of your hyperlinks, try to add this to the Styling sections of your card template:

a:link {color:red;}


Yep i tried to relaunch without plugins. Thanks for the link color solution, but i get back to old version, coz i have a cards with multiple answers, so i do some notes and then moving to a next question, that supposed to be hidden but with new update the “cloze“ answers can’t be hidden after the card get modified…

3 more things
I noticed that “again” cards in the deck (orange number) sometimes lugging and doesn’t display right number so i get worried that i pressed wrong button or something is going wrong. For eg had 8 failed “orange” cards, and after another fail the quantity didn’t change, it’s still can be 8 sometimes.
Another one, the added audio can’t be paused so i have to add only videos without footage to record something.
And the last bug is Anki Just crashing without no reason on PC for 1.5k $ so… but i already get used to this.