Someone is spamming thumbs down

Someone is spamming thumbs down; there have been more than 300 in two days. The deck dropped more than 30 positions. Could you remove them?

4000 Essential English Words (all books) [en-en] - AnkiWeb

@dae

Firstly, regarding the ‘up’, I had already informed @dae when I asked on Reddit to leave the up because I had deleted the old decks in some old comment. And about your deck, I sent you an email and am still waiting for a response.

And you are leaving comments on all my decks even though they have nothing to do with you. About the deck you said I took, considering mine was posted first, I would like you to check the email I sent before spamming.

I could do the same and spam your decks to bring them down, but why do that? You didn’t choose the best solution. You can always reach an agreement and resolve things. This won’t help anyone, but whatever @dae decides, I’ll be happy to agree with.

You don’t solve conflicts by creating more conflicts.

@kelciour

I sent the email a few months ago.

@kelciour, I’m disappointed you’ve done this. If the shared deck contains material you hold copyright over, letting me know privately is the correct way to deal with this.

@brenogonzaga, it’s hard to feel much sympathy when you have also abused the review system in the past

If I am to clean up these fake reviews, I think I should probably be removing the early reviews as well as the most recent ones. Suggestions on start and end dates are welcome.

4 Likes

Fake reviews at the beginning of the deck’s life gives it an uncompetitive advantage. That is, fake positive reviews helped to gain even more reviews. The result of this is visible to the naked eye, not one deck has even come close to gaining as many reviews as this one. If you only remove fake grades, then this will encourage such behavior.

It also confuses me that the link to the fake ANKI website is hosted on ANKI resources.

1 Like

The author of the deck also uses mail, the name of which can be misleading.
Imgur

These reviews are almost 8 years old, and you had already told me that you would remove them when you had the time. At the time, I asked in a post for people to give them an “up.” I would be happy if you could remove both. The decks have been on the site for more than 8 years, and I am sure they have helped many people. The 4 decks he spammed were:

4000 Essential English Words (all books) [en-en] - AnkiWeb

430+ Idiomatic Expressions [InglĂȘs - PortuguĂȘs] - AnkiWeb

550+ Phrasal Verbs - Part 1 [InglĂȘs - PortuguĂȘs] - AnkiWeb

550+ Phrasal Verbs - Part 2 [InglĂȘs - PortuguĂȘs] - AnkiWeb

I never claimed to be part of the Anki team, and regarding the site, I asked for permission to create it around the same time.

When you asked for permission, did you specify that you would advertise on the site and sell decks?

https://www.ankibrasil.com/english#google_vignette
Imgur
That’s how I’m greeted by a site that pretends to be ANKI. I can imagine what impression new users have.

1 Like

@dae

I probably don’t understand these rules.

• It does not attempt to modify or replace the function, content or branding of our website.

https://ankiweb.net/account/terms

Since I wrote this message, the author has removed the ads and changed the link to the site. I am writing about this so as not to appear to be deceivers. It would be good if the author did it himself.
https://www.anki.com.br/english

1 Like

I am redesigning the website with a new layout and took the opportunity to change the domain. Regarding the ads, I did not remove them; they are currently in the approval phase.

I will be waiting for your contact so we can talk.

As mentioned earlier, I asked people to leave reviews. Every contact via WhatsApp where I provide support, I also ask for a review, and there is no term stating that I cannot ask those who download to leave a review. And yes, in the beginning, there were some upvotes between the dates 2018-12-18 and 2018-12-20 that can be removed and verified. Besides that, there are over 5000 upvotes on the decks that are quite legitimate, and about 40 that should be removed, plus those spammed by you.

I will forward the email to you again.

Stream Compass Publishing | Listen to 4000 Essential English Words 1 (2nd Edition) playlist online for free on SoundCloud

Compass Publishing

You can find the audios on the internet since 2018.

I have the second edition of the book from 2019/08/03 when I synchronized it with my drive.

The audio can also be used to generate text, which simplifies the work and helps in using audio editing tools for videos, such as https://subs2srs.sourceforge.net/.

You didn’t try to make any contact by making requests or anything like that. If you had, we would have talked. You are only talking here because I started this topic. I am still waiting for contact on this matter and will be happy to discuss it.