Someone is spamming thumbs down

Someone is spamming thumbs down; there have been more than 300 in two days. The deck dropped more than 30 positions. Could you remove them?

4000 Essential English Words (all books) [en-en] - AnkiWeb

@dae

It’s me.

Here’s the main reason.

FWIW, this deck includes 3600 cards from the “4000 Essential English Words (2nd Edition)” deck that I made and publicly shared on AnkiWeb in 2019.

The cards were (re)shared without permission and no credit was given.

The same is true for my other AnkiWeb decks that are now listed on this page and redirect to ankibrasil.com that I’m not associated in any way.

🗍 1000 Basic English Words
🗍 Essential Idioms in English
🗍 English Grammar in Use Activities
🗍 English Grammar in Use Exercises
🗍 Advanced English Grammar in Use Activities

Here’s another reason.

like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-20
up
like on 2018-12-19
up
like on 2018-12-19
up
like on 2018-12-19
up
like on 2018-12-19
up
like on 2018-12-19
up
like on 2018-12-19
up
like on 2018-12-19
up
like on 2018-12-19
up
like on 2018-12-19
up

Firstly, regarding the ‘up’, I had already informed @dae when I asked on Reddit to leave the up because I had deleted the old decks in some old comment. And about your deck, I sent you an email and am still waiting for a response.

And you are leaving comments on all my decks even though they have nothing to do with you. About the deck you said I took, considering mine was posted first, I would like you to check the email I sent before spamming.

I could do the same and spam your decks to bring them down, but why do that? You didn’t choose the best solution. You can always reach an agreement and resolve things. This won’t help anyone, but whatever @dae decides, I’ll be happy to agree with.

You don’t solve conflicts by creating more conflicts.

@kelciour

I didn’t receive any email in the last two days, but I’m not going to read it and reply to it anyway.

If you have something else to say, do it publicly and post it here.

Regarding everything else, I’ll try to reply to it tomorrow.

I sent the email a few months ago.

@kelciour, I’m disappointed you’ve done this. If the shared deck contains material you hold copyright over, letting me know privately is the correct way to deal with this.

@brenogonzaga, it’s hard to feel much sympathy when you have also abused the review system in the past

If I am to clean up these fake reviews, I think I should probably be removing the early reviews as well as the most recent ones. Suggestions on start and end dates are welcome.

3 Likes

Fake reviews at the beginning of the deck’s life gives it an uncompetitive advantage. That is, fake positive reviews helped to gain even more reviews. The result of this is visible to the naked eye, not one deck has even come close to gaining as many reviews as this one. If you only remove fake grades, then this will encourage such behavior.

It also confuses me that the link to the fake ANKI website is hosted on ANKI resources.

1 Like

The author of the deck also uses mail, the name of which can be misleading.
Imgur

These reviews are almost 8 years old, and you had already told me that you would remove them when you had the time. At the time, I asked in a post for people to give them an “up.” I would be happy if you could remove both. The decks have been on the site for more than 8 years, and I am sure they have helped many people. The 4 decks he spammed were:

4000 Essential English Words (all books) [en-en] - AnkiWeb

430+ Idiomatic Expressions [Inglês - Português] - AnkiWeb

550+ Phrasal Verbs - Part 1 [Inglês - Português] - AnkiWeb

550+ Phrasal Verbs - Part 2 [Inglês - Português] - AnkiWeb

I never claimed to be part of the Anki team, and regarding the site, I asked for permission to create it around the same time.

When you asked for permission, did you specify that you would advertise on the site and sell decks?

https://www.ankibrasil.com/english#google_vignette
Imgur
That’s how I’m greeted by a site that pretends to be ANKI. I can imagine what impression new users have.

1 Like

@dae

I probably don’t understand these rules.

• It does not attempt to modify or replace the function, content or branding of our website.

https://ankiweb.net/account/terms

@dae

I’m very sorry for bringing you into this.

I couldn’t contact you privately back in 2019 as it would have negatively affected my existing Anki decks, I’m quite certain about it, or any future Anki decks. I wasn’t ready to handle the consequences and I tried to ignore its existence.

I kept silent and did nothing for so many years, but when he did did it again on 2023-01-07, I couldn’t tolerate it anymore. It changed everything. Any excuses that I made to myself all these years didn’t matter anymore, nothing mattered anymore, I had to take action and do anything that I can do, no matter if it costs me everything.

I just updated and will continue updating tomorrow all my downvotes to upvotes as they don’t matter anymore, but I’ll keep one single downvote up to the top, by updating it from time to time, with the link to this thread explaining what’s happening, so it could receive more publicity as I really need it now. I hope, I’m allowed to do it, as it’s very important to me and there’s nothing more important to me right now.

I’m apologizing in advance, if it takes a few days for me to reply to anything here, as I received some work to do that I can’t delay much and it takes a lot of time for me to write anything more than just ‘yes’ and ‘no’, to find the right words and be satisfied with the result, especially, if I’m emotionally affected by it, and I’ll be “offline” most of the time in order not to be distracted and keep my thoughts straight to the point and unaffected.

In the past few days, I wrote a few messages replying to the previous comments and trying to explain my actions to everyone, but in the light of new comments I’d like to hold off on posting anything that I already wrote. Maybe rewrite, extend or maybe post only part of it. But more importantly, I’d like to ask @brenogonzaga a few questions first about his deck, 4000 Essential English Words (all books) [en-en], and receive a few replies from him.

It’ll take weeks to come to the consensus.

But I really don’t want anyone aside from me to be involved in this.

I can handle it myself.

I had plenty of reasons to downvote other decks too, no matter how good they are.

• Spamming fake upvotes to move them to the top of the list and receive a lot more views.
  • Using movies2anki for commercial purposes, by selling automatically generated Anki decks with video clips from movies and TV shows.
  • Appropriating my work and Anki decks.

Since I wrote this message, the author has removed the ads and changed the link to the site. I am writing about this so as not to appear to be deceivers. It would be good if the author did it himself.
https://www.anki.com.br/english

1 Like

I am redesigning the website with a new layout and took the opportunity to change the domain. Regarding the ads, I did not remove them; they are currently in the approval phase.

I will be waiting for your contact so we can talk.