Slow TTS and duplicated voices

Strangely, I’ve gotten even more duplicated entries today (5 or 6 per voice) in b7, but after a little bit the lists is very similar to the list displayed in 2.1.54

The delay happens every time a card tries to play sound with all volices, except english american. Uninstalling and installing the microsoft voices doesn’t help.

Incidentally, when trying to use the TTS system with an uninstalled voice (for example the German voices), {{tts-voices:}} still show that voice in the list of availiable voices, even after restarting Anki:

But if I review and card using that voice, I get an error message and the built in TTS stops working at all (no sound in any card using TTS):

An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.55 (fad1ff74) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.0 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19044
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-12-05 09:45:14
Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.taskman”, line 122, in _on_closures_pending
File “aqt.taskman”, line 71, in
File “aqt.sound”, line 295, in
File “aqt.tts”, line 589, in _on_done
File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 439, in result
File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 391, in __get_result
File “concurrent.futures.thread”, line 58, in run
File “aqt.sound”, line 295, in
File “aqt.tts”, line 585, in _play
File “asyncio.runners”, line 44, in run
File “asyncio.base_events”, line 647, in run_until_complete
File “aqt.tts”, line 616, in speakText
FileNotFoundError: [WinError -2147024894] El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado

2.1.54 shows the “TTS system failed, please ensure Windows updates are installled, try restarting your computer or use a different voice” message instead.